Welcome to Calligraphy Qalam—we’re glad you’re here. On this website you'll find a variety of interactive tools and information to help you learn more about calligraphy in the Arab, Ottoman and Persian traditions.
Watch the introductory video
This video gives an overview of how to learn calligraphy. It introduces the art of calligraphy in the Arab, Ottoman and Persian traditions and discusses the unique features of the Arabic alphabet.
Where to start
- Look at images of calligraphy
- Learn about the Arabic alphabet
- Watch calligraphy being written
- Learn about different calligraphy styles
- Test your script recognition
- Find a calligraphy teacher near you
- Learn about key master calligraphers
- Discover the calligraphy process
- Start a discussion or ask a question
- Get tips on reading calligraphy
- Get the most recent calligraphy news
- Check out answers to common questions
Calligraphy Qalam has an online image gallery of over 300 pieces of calligraphy, with more added all the time. Check out the gallery.